Life and Disability Insurance
Are You Covered?
When financing a car it is important to ensure that you are protected in the event of unexpected circumstances. In the same way that you would insure a financed or leased vehicle with additional collision insurance, credit life and disability insurance are two additional ways that you can ensure you are protected in nearly any event.
Ask yourself what might happen if you were suddenly unable to work due to a short term disability or illness? Would the financial obligation of your financed car be left to dependants if you were to pass away? When financing a car, or indeed taking any loan, these are important considerations in ensuring that you have a safety net in case of unforseen events.
Credit Life insurance
This covers your dependants in the event of an untimely death and leaves them with a paid in full asset, rather than a liability. You are covered for the duration of the loan, but you can choose shorter term coverage. When a claim is made, the balance of the loan at the the date of death is paid to the creditor directly. A few simple health questions may be asked, but no medical exam is required. Get in touch with us to learn more.
This protects you in the event of an extended disability. Coverage is made available regardless of where the injury takes place (work, home etc). If you become sick or injured for an extended period and are unable to earn an income, then your loan will be paid directly to the creditor, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. You can use this coverage as many times as is necessary during the life of your loan. Get in touch with us to learn more.
The financing department at Wellington Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram offers help with credit life and disability coverage for your car loan. Even more good news is that these programs have several advantages over other types of insurance. Below are just a few examples.
- Your claim payments are never taxed and they are paid directly to your lender. These payments never need to be repaid.
- The benefit payments of these plans are paid over and above any other insurance coverage you may have.
- Premiums are only based on the financed amount of your vehicle, not age or any other personal factor.
- You do not need a medical exam.
- We do not restrict coverage to any occupation.
- You can easily enroll in this program and participation is voluntary. Coverage begins at the time your financing commences, so the premiums can easily be financed along with your vehicle purchase.
- These benefits are available to both the main driver and the cosigner if one is present on the loan.
- You can customize the coverage in these loans to suit your individual needs.